Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bereshit

Wow, what an adventure. I didn't go anywhere, but not going anywhere can be an adventure as well. I just spent a day trying to find a name for this blog. I never thought I would hold so much value on so few words. It seems there are either many people who think like myself or just that many more people out there who have a blog; it seems all the names I wanted to use were already taken.

Last night, after much deliberation, I decided on starting a blog. It's something I've been meaning to do for some time now. I have a busy mind with lots to say and an outlet is something I've been searching for. I sometimes feel so overwhelmed and jumbled by my thoughts that I often feel insane with it all; hopefully this format will help solidify and give direction to my thoughts and opinions.

I've been hesitating for so long now because I keep thinking that this is just a major craze right now and I hate jumping on band wagons. I like being an individual and I hate the aspects of society in which people claim to be different by doing the same thing that others do. I also think this is a very vain hobby. I know that writing is a vain profession and you'd have to have some vanity to be a writer, but I have a hard time accepting it. I'd like to think I'm not a vain person - but I write.

Who am I to say that anyone is going to read this or care about what I have to say? Who am I think that I could influence the mind of one individual, much less many minds? A friend of mine responded by saying 'Who are you to say you can't?' Answering a question with a question is sometimes more affective than answering with a statement. I have to admit, he had me stumped. Thus, here I am, starting a blog, in hopes that perhaps if I can't influence a mind or two, if no one reads this, at least I can organize this jumbled and over-crowded mind.

I think this should suffice for the first entry.

No comments: